Head Credit Division Jobs Vacancy in Human Capital House Manama
Human Capital House Manama urgently required following position for Head Credit Division. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Credit Division Jobs Vacancy in Human Capital House Manama Jobs Details:
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Credit Division is responsible for the overall credit management, establishment of credit policies and procedures.
Responsible for overall supervision and management of Credit Review Function, Credit Control Function and Collection and Remedial Management Function (ensuring proper credit appraisals, facility and security documentation and follow up and monitoring of past due and delinquent accounts).
Credit Review Function
- Managing and ensuring that all credit proposals are properly appraised / reviewed by the Credit Review function in line with the norms and policies of the Bank before being placed to the approval authorities.
- Undertake diligent credit appraisal and assess the creditworthiness of both existing and potential new customers by analysis of financial statements and other pertinent customer and industry information.
- In case of syndicated facilities or club deals, coordinate with other lenders and participate in joint appraisals.
- Ensure that turnaround time is maintained with regard to credit appraisal and preparation of investment memos.
- Review of investment memos prepared by the branches in respect of credit proposals being placed to the credit committees.
- Participate in Mini Committee and Credit Committee and facilitate the members of the committees in arriving at considered decision on the proposals.
- Train credit officers in analytical and technical skills such as financial structuring, financial statement analysis, and preparation of profitability estimates, ratio analysis and sensitivity analysis.
- Undertake review / renewal of facilities as per the policy guidelines of the Bank.
- Assess the provisioning requirements in respect of delinquent accounts in coordination with the Remedial Department.
- Participate in the Credit Committee and provide inputs to arrive at a considered decision on the credit proposals placed to the Committee.
- Ensure that Credit Review Function undertakes timely renewal / review of the customer accounts in line with the policies of the Bank.
- Ensure that credit risk policies and procedures are reviewed from time to time at least annually.
Credit Control Function
- Ensure that proper systems are in place in the Credit Control function to check that all terms and conditions of approval are duly complied with before disbursement of the facility.
- Manage and ensure that credit control function obtains proper facility and security documentation post approval and before disbursement in terms of the guidelines of the Bank.
- Ensure that the Credit Control function follows up with the Relationship Managers for rectification of documentation deficiencies, if any, and for obtaining updated documents.
- Develop and maintain credit control policies and guidelines and ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Review and validate credit and equity participation proposals through ensuring adequate documentation and accurate investment analysis.
- Ensure that all credit and equity participation are aligned with the CBB regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Manage credit control activities associated with project loan approvals, including; system entry, loan documentation, notarization, registration of property mortgages with land registration, registration of business mortgages with the Ministry of Commerce, General Directorate of Traffic and Cost Guard Directorate.
- Monitor all parties’ compliance with the pre-loan disbursal conditions and other loan covenants throughout the tenor of the loan.
- Liaise with Bank’s lawyers to ensure loan documentation initiated by the Project Finance Department is carefully reviewed to ensure optimum protection of the Bank’s interests is adhered to.
- Ensure quality management information and reports are developed on all aspects of the Bank’s lending and Investment portfolio.
- Undertake adequate control over all collateral and credit documentation and maintain it properly.
- Keep records of and highlight to management, all credit and risk related exceptions and special cases.
Collection and Remedial Function
- Establish, maintain and implement Remedial Management policies, procedures and processes.
- Counsel and collect payment from defaulting customers in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Obtain and evaluate the reason for delinquency from defaulting customers and agree on a solution to rectify the default.
- Develop and recommend advanced collections and recovery processes to minimize and mitigate losses by maintaining delinquency levels, write-offs and increasing recoveries.
- Negotiate payment arrangements, offer suggestions to customers on how to meet their obligations and advise them as to the possible consequences of not meeting the obligations.
- Submission of Tamkeen claims to the concerned departments in a timely manner for onward submission to Tamkeen.
- Liaise with Tamkeen to ensure speedy re-imbursement of claims.
- Review delinquent accounts for possible loss mitigation workout plans and determine whether to accept partial payments in accordance with the Bank's policies.
- Manage and ensure that there is proper follow up of past due and delinquent accounts under classified category by the Collection and Remedial Department
- Manage and ensure that there is proper follow up in respect of delinquent accounts where legal cases have been filed for recovery.
- Prepare and maintain periodic reports including delinquency reports, reports on number of cases handled and reports on the status of each loan to management.
- Assess the situation and if required, acquire additional collaterals on loans in conjunction with negotiating workout plans.
- Ensure that there is proper work allocation among the staff and reporting system within the Credit Review, Credit Control & Collection and Remedial Departments for efficient and speedy work flow with proper controls.
- Assist in development of strategies and annual business plans for the Bank in coordination with other Divisional Heads and CEO
- Regularly Review the performance of the credit division initiate strategies within the division for effective work flow and improved performance, to enable the Bank to achieve its objectives and goals.
- Undertake any other activity as requested by the CEO.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional Analytical skills
- Knowledge of IT/MIS systems and vendor packages.
- Knowledge of how to implement Basel norms in credit risk, market risk & operational risk, RAROC & economic capital.
- Excellent knowledge about the bank’s products and services
- Knowledge about legal and regulatory matters
- University level degree in finance or an equivalent degree in a related subject.
- A minimum of 15 - 20 years of experience in Risk Management preferably in the Banking sector.
- Exposure to credit, market and operational risk dimensions, Basel implementation, IFRS 9 implementation, ICAAP etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- IFRS 9 implementation: 9 years
- operational risk dimensions: 9 years
- Credit Review and Credit Control: 10 years
- ICAAP: 9 years
- Basel implementation: 9 years
- Risk Management Banking sector: 10 years
- Collection and Remedial Departments: 10 years