Supervisory Recreation Spec Comm Rec Jobs Vacancy in Department The Navy
Department The Navy urgently required following position for Supervisory Recreation Spec Comm Rec. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supervisory Recreation Spec Comm Rec Jobs Vacancy in Department The Navy Jobs Details:
- Performs supervisory duties which include assigning work, defining priorities, selecting and recommending applicants for hire, evaluating performance, recommending pay adjustments/awards, providing or recommending training, approving and/or disapproving leave requests, initiating corrective actions, and recommending formal corrective/disciplinary actions as warranted.
- Supervises federal civil service employees at the NF-01/GS-1/2/3, NF-02/GS-4, NF-03/GS-5/6/7/8, NA-05 or NA-8, whether full-time, part-time, intermittent, or temporary; assigned military employees; non-Federal workers; unpaid volunteers; student trainees, or others.
- Authorizes personnel action requests (SF-52) and ensures timekeeping documents are submitted in accordance with local direction.
- Provides outdoor field experiences related to above skill training in the form of day and weekend trips.
- Leads day-to-day operation of multiple programs to which assigned; assists with staffing, training and scheduling.
- Uses creativity to plan, promote and implement well-rounded Community Recreation programs utilizing numerous facilities within the entire MWR Department in accordance with CNIC approved program standards.
- Coordinates leisure skills development activities and classes.
- Organizes community special events such as comedy shows, holiday events, celebrity appearances, concerts, 4th of July Festival, and Winterfest, which are just a few of the many programs offered throughout the year.
- Provides support for unit allocation events to include equipment, programming ideas, and coordination assistance.
- Responsible for the development, management, maintenance, planning, business plan execution, and administration of a diverse Community Recreation program.
- Solicits and assists with negotiating partnerships on behalf of the MWR Department.
- Develops working partnerships with both on base and off base organizations (park districts, forest preserve, clubs, special interest groups, etc.) to support and benefit MWR programs.
- Develops contacts and creates professional proposals, execution of agreements and follow-ups.
- Researches and provides information and referral on a variety of recreational opportunities for individuals/families on and off the base.
- Promotes MWR facilities and events through staff and student indoctrination and other large group functions and gatherings. (Promoting events and programs are done by speaking to large groups and using administrative resources to create and post advertising materials, providing input for quarterly calendars, weekly base paper, etc.)
- Provides administrative duties and support through after-action reports, data collection and database administration. All administrative duties are completed through a variety of sources including computer software which tracks patron’s usage and responses (includes providing information for metrics and patron counts).
- Solicits input from activity managers regarding internal short/long range goals, business plan objectives and program standards.
- Monitors various programs to ensure standards are met or exceeded.
- Routinely evaluates and reviews ongoing programs and provides activity managers with guidance that may develop, adapt, modify, expand, or otherwise change the program activity to better meet and enhance the expected effectiveness of the programmed activity.
- Assists with writing standard operating procedures.
- Performs regular analysis of projected projects and programs; considering operating budget, staffing requirements, plans, trends, command mission and changing population.
- Ensures all facilities and activities associated with the Community Recreation program meet established fire, safety, security and sanitation guidelines.
- Takes timely action to correct deficiencies through coordination with appropriate entities.
- Leads and performs check-in and check-out of materials and collects any applicable fees by operating point of sale (POS) computer system for equipment and activities associated with Community Recreation Programs.
- Inspects equipment upon return for damage and makes recommendations for replacement when required.
- Completes a Daily Activity Report (DAR) to ensure accountability for the balancing and reconciliation of daily sales transactions.
- Performs inventory of various types of equipment, retail items, supplies and any other item deemed to have cash value.
- Promotes customer service awareness and information, requisitioning merchandise, ensuring adequate stock levels, entertainment and promotion schedules.
- Transports patrons off-base to local attractions for trips, tours and outings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
0188 Recreation Specialist
Conditions of Employment
- MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK IRREGULARE SCHEUDLE INCLUDING NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, AND/OR HOLIDAYS
- Knowledge gained through relevant education and training (i.e., Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Marketing, Business or closely related field) and/or equivalent recreation related work experience.
- Combination of experience related to customer service and or activity based functions.
- Ability to work independently, make sound decisions and have the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of recreational programs.
- Knowledge of the goals, principles, techniques and methods of procedure used in organizing, planning and conducting all types of activities.
- Knowledge of the entire scope of activities and their suitability in the Community Recreation Program for individuals and groups of varying demographics, ages and interests.
- Ability to create, negotiate, implement and sustain partnerships via various MWR agreements.
- Ability to maintain a clear and accurate database.
- Ability to represent the department and speak in front of both small and large groups.
- Knowledge of recreational and entertainment events.
- Program planning and leadership skills to devise and implement a leisure and social recreation program that will stimulate and sustain the interest of participants and challenge participants that they may benefit from the social values to be derived from recreational activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of these requirements. Applicants may be required to submit proof of education, participate in medical screening, drug testing, etc. All selections are contingent upon satisfactory employment reference checks. Employment is subject to successful National Agency Background Check. As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. Occupants of this position must maintain the privacy of official work information and data and demonstrate the highest level of ethical conduct. Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
The Department of Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should call 011-39-081-568-5612 or e-mail their request to NAFPersonnel@eu.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration. The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating and ranking criterion of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire .
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
Drug test required
- Resume with complete work history including job title, start and end dates, and highlighting qualifications relevant to the vacancy announcement.
- OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment (signed within last 60 days)
- Copy of U.S. Government no-fee passport showing picture, passport number, expiration date.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and full copy of sponsor's PCS orders.
OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Qualifying with education? Attach proof of education.
- Veteran of U.S. Armed Forces? Attach the member-4 page of your DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty".
- Current or former Federal employee? Attach most recent SF-50 or Personnel Action Report (PAR) from your personnel record.
- Claiming Family Member Preference? Attach Preference Entitlement Survey and legible copy of sponsor's PCS orders.
NOTE: RESUMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED QUALIFIED UNLESS A SIGNED DECLARATION OF FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT (OF-306) IS ATTACHED.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
A comprehensive benefits package is available.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located in the Community Recreation Division of the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department in Bahrain and is responsible for managing and administering a comprehensive and diverse year round recreation program and various recreation facilities that include Parks and Picnic Areas, Outdoor Rental/Adventure Activities, Camping Information, Tickets and Tours (ITT), Recreation and Resource Centers, Special Events, Command Event Support and Equipment Issue. Also plans, promot
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(a.) Supervision 25%
(b.) Program Management 35%
(c.) Marketing 15%
(d.) Administration 25%
Occasional travel - WITHIN REGION